U.S. PASSPORT APPLICATION ACCEPTANCE OFFICE AT UC IRVINE
designated by the U.S. Department of
State to accept passport applications
Serving the public with fast,
friendly and confidential passport service.
Walk-in customers are welcomed.
No appointments necessary.
forms - digital passport photos
complimentary parking - books for kids.
19182 Jamboree Rd
Irvine, CA 92612
On Jamboree Road between Campus Drive and Birch
(UCI North Campus, inside the Mail Distribution building)
Please review the parking information before arriving.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Weekdays: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm
Weekends: 2nd Saturday of the month (only) from 8:30am to 12:00pm and 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Closed weekends and
Upcoming Open Saturdays:
February 8, March 8, April 12
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
Information on passport processing time.
PROOF OF UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP
of the following:
- original STATE-issued birth certificate with raised seal
- certified copy of STATE-issued birth certificate with colored seal (note: CA
and TX "abstract of birth" certificates are not acceptable and birth records
issued by a hospital are not acceptable)
- current or expired U.S. passport
- original naturalization or citizenship certificate
You may be required to submit the following in addition to
- original name change documents
(marriage license, divorce decree, adoption papers)
of the following:
- Valid state-issued driver's license card (temporary/paper license is not
- Valid state-issued ID card
- Valid military ID card
(Note: As of 7/1/2009, you must also bring a copy of the front and
back of your identity document. Please bring a clear copy with you or we will
copy it here for a $1 fee. )
The UC Irvine Passport Application Acceptance Office requires two separate payments per application.
Payment 1) Passport fees payable to the Department of State:
The first payment must be made by personal check, cashier's check, or money order only.
Applicants must have at least one check or money order per application. Credit cards, cash and temporary non-imprinted checks will not be accepted for the passport fee.
For current fees on all passports, please visit the Passport Fees page on the U.S. Department of State Passports web site.
Payment 2) Facility fees payable to UC Regents:
The second payment is for the facility fee and any services provided by our office.
These fees can be combined into one final payment to UC Regents, made payable by cash, personal check, money order, credit card or debit card. The facility fees are as follows:
- Facility fees: $25 per application - Form DS-11
- Photos: $15 per person
- Photocopy: $1 per photocopy
- Passport Renewal: $2 per application - Form DS-82 (This postage service is for regular first class mailing only. We cannot provide any tracking service for this mailing.)
- children under 16 years of age must apply in person with both
parents present (for consent and proof of identity)
- for children presenting a passport to prove citizenship, a birth certificate
will also be required to verify the signing parents' relationship to the child
- youths 16 or 17 years of age must apply in person with one
parent present (for proof of identity)
Renewal by Mail
Adults with a 10-year passport may qualify for mail renewal and save the $25
facility fee. Requirements are printed on the DS-82 renewal form which you must
mail yourself. Visit our office for Renewal by Mail forms and passport
You can obtain all necessary forms from our office or complete
them online at
U.S. Department of State's official website.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ from the U.S. Department of State.